Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dew
Visitor

Radio question

Hi I have a internet radio station and I want to add a link through the ROKU box so I have set up a catagorey in the xml files but can you tell me what format can the ROKU box except? I see in the video format it can use a wma file for audio so I have set up a live audio stream coming out I have opend up a port on my router and I can hear the radio station using windows media player I have set the url in the xml file to that stream url but the ROKU box will not lock on to it.
any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help with this
Cheers
DEW
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Radio question

Only MP3 streams are supported. WMA files are supported, but not streams.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dew
Visitor

Hi I have looked into the SDK and can not find anything on just Audio. Can someone please tell me a good way to stream a radio channel that the ROKU box will play. I have tried setting up a Ice Cast and Shoutcast server for mp3 but the ROKU box will not lock to the stream. can anyone suggest a way to do this?
thanks for any help with this
Cheers
DEW
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Take a look at the audioapp example in the SDK. You also have to be careful to form the URL to your stream just right. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=42853
0 Kudos