Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feed Images

I used the DeviantArt Example as my base, made quite a few changes but none the part that pulls the images from the feed, but my images do not appear correctly on the screen, the top left corner is the only part that shows, like the image has been shifted down and to the right ... how do I fix this? Are my Images too large? Too Small?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7

Re: RSS Feed Images

Anyone? .. Please advise
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

By chance is this happening on a Roku2 in 1080p mode? If so, try setting the device to 720p.

You may also need to adjust the scaling method being used by your roSlideShow using the SetDisplayMode() method.
0 Kudos

Thanks RokuChris!
it is on a Roku2, 4:3 screen, how do I change it between 1080p & 720p?
displayMode is set to scale-to-fit
0 Kudos

Any more ideas on this? I know my images are not too big b/c some of the images in the DeviantArt feed are around the same size if not bigger ... mine are 1024x767

Thanks!
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

SetDisplayMode("photo-fit") usually works pretty good for slide shows.

If there is a particular photo that is problematic, please share a link to it.

Thanks,

--Kevin
0 Kudos

No go still .. I sent you a PM also on this ... below is an image of what is happening

0 Kudos

Found the problem ... it was because I was using GIF instead of PNG ... as soon as I switched an image over it worked so I guess this is a bug
0 Kudos