Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astudios
Channel Surfer

ROKU doesn't work with Teradek Cube?

hello there,

does anyone have any experience getting the ROKU to work with the teradek cube? it's a streaming box that can attach to cameras on the field. it's a great little device but i'm having some trouble getting it to work with ROKU boxes. basically, i am sending a RTMP stream (720p) up to a wowza server, and from there our viewers have the option to view the stream -- some view via flash through a browser (works fine), others view via their iOS device (works fine), and some android devices (works fine), but the ROKU viewers are unable to view the stream for some reason. it just starts playing for a few seconds then stops -- every single time. i have tried changing every setting on the teradek (480p, bitrate, framerate, compression profile, etc) -- but it just doesn't want to play on the ROKU. it is in fact streaming H.264+AAC so no problems there. like i say, it works just fine via HLS on iOS devices.

anyone have any experience with this? perhaps a firmware update to fix this problem?

i'd be happy to run a test stream for you if you wish. just contact me.

thanks for your help,
steven
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: ROKU doesn't work with Teradek Cube?

if you can PM me a test stream and times of day when it will be available, that would be helpful.

- Joel
0 Kudos
astudios
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU doesn't work with Teradek Cube?

Just FYI,

The folks at Teradek have posted a firmware update that has this bug squashed!

Thanks,
Steven
0 Kudos