Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericb365
Visitor

RAF disable pausing ads

Hello,

We are having issues with Roku ads framework. When an ad is playing, we are able to pause the ads but no indicator shows up. We want to be able to override the RAF onKeyEvent function and make it so that ads cannot be paused. Does anyone have an idea how we can cleanly do this? Here is the event we get when we pause during ad playback: 

[RAF] render.onKeyEvent("play", true): 13

I noticed that the RAF sample app from Roku also pauses without any indication when ads are playing. Maybe it's intentional behaviour? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: RAF disable pausing ads

Currently RAF does not show Pause indicator, though a future API may. I believe ATM you could use setTrackingCallback() to listen for Pause/Resume events and display your own indicator.

Disabling altogether pause/resume of video ads is not supported by RAF, this is by design - otherwise it's a bad experience, it is too different from watching main content and the lack of any control by the viewer reflects bad on the channel.
JackLi
Reel Rookie

Re: RAF disable pausing ads

Hello, I also want to ask this question. I want to pause the advertisement. Pop up a dialog and choose to continue playing the advertisement or quit. Can it be achieved?
0 Kudos