Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeronil
Visitor

Processing a Bitmap in Scene Graph

I'm new to the platform and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to manipulate data for an image loaded via http in Scene Graph (i.e., perform image processing).

I started by attempting to use roTextureManager to get a bitmap, but that component apparently can only run on the main thread, so in the render thread I tried changing a global (which is observed by the main thread) in order to kickoff loading the bitmap using roTextureManager in the main thread. I can get the bitmap loaded that way, but can't figure out how to get it back to the render thread (using an observed global doesn't seem to work for a bitmap). Even if I can get it back to the render thread, it looks like it may not be possible to create and render the processed image there.

Is there a way to perform image processing in Scene Graph (using an image filtering algorithm), or does Scene Graph only support basic image display? Thanks.
0 Kudos