Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Private channel update ?

When I post a new update to a private channel, when does it get updated to the user ?
Also if I delete a private channel, is it removed from the user's channel list or can they still use the version they have ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
hoffmcs
Visitor

Re: Private channel update ?

The channel will usually update within 24 hours. You can have the user force the update by entering and then exiting the channel store.

I believe when you delete a channel, it does not get deleted on their box and just stays there.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Private channel update ?

hoffmcs is right about channel updates and forcing and update with the channel store.

A few details about delete.... If the user deletes the channel on the box in the channel store, it will be removed from the box. If the channel was a one-time purchase channel, the user can re-add the channel with a $0.00 price.

If the developer deletes the channel from their developer "manage channels" page, it does not delete the channel from all users boxes. The channel will no longer be able to be added though... You may choose to "fade out" your channel by uploading a new version of the channel that just displays a "channel discontinued" message and let most boxes update to that version before actually deleting your channel.

--Kevin
0 Kudos