Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosborne
Visitor

Prevent registry sharing

I know if applications have the same developer ID, then their registry values are shared. Is there a way to prevent this? So that I can create registry data that is only usable by one app, and not all that were developed?

I have a registry value that tracks a timestamp of the last time the user opened the app. I want that value to be unique across any apps I develop, so if that user opened another app I develop, that app would have its own timestamp data. Is there a way to do this other than manually name-spacing the registry keys to each app with a prefix or something?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Prevent registry sharing

You just need to sign each channel with a different key (run genkey for the initial packaging of each channel, then store that key/password in order to re-key the box for future updates). Generally speaking, you probably should already be doing this, unless you have a specific need for two or more channels to share the same registry space.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Re: Prevent registry sharing

Ah yes okay. I do indeed do that already. I was thinking it was all connected through my developer account instead. Thanks
0 Kudos