Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrouse
Visitor

Poster Nodes not displaying after screensaver

We're seeings some issues with poster nodes after screensavers are dismissed. The poster will display correctly, but upon re-entering the channel after a screensaver is exited the poster node disappears. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so is there a fix in place?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Poster Nodes not displaying after screensaver

If you observe the poster's "loadStatus", do you get a "failed" result?  If so, you could trigger a reload based on that.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I have filed a bug ticket on this. Ideally if you can get me a sample app that demonstrates the problem it would be helpful.

- Joel
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Hey Joel, it's worth noting that I've seen the same behavior after returning from full-screen video playback.  In that case, I get a "failed" loadStatus.  Resetting the uri of the Poster node forces it to reload.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
bbrouse
Visitor

It seems to be pretty intermittent, and we've had trouble reproducing the problem consistently. Once we nail down a pattern I can provide some sample code.

To add to TheEndless' comment, we do have a full screen video node present in the first scene we display. That may be related.
0 Kudos