Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Please upload private Netflix channel

My Blu-ray player and Wii don't have this issue Audio 5.1 using the Netflix channel with my TV and AVR only the Roku3 so I was wondering if I can download the old Netflix non-DD+ channel for my Roku3 from somwhere? Can one of the developers upload a private Netflix channel of the old version and PM me?

I don't want to have to keep my Roku3 on Stereo mode to use Netflix when all other channels work fine with the 5.1 surround setting set.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
gonzotek
Visitor

Re: Please upload private Netflix channel

"matrixebiz" wrote:
My Blu-ray player and Wii don't have this issue Audio 5.1 using the Netflix channel with my TV and AVR only the Roku3 so I was wondering if I can download the old Netflix non-DD+ channel for my Roku3 from somwhere? Can one of the developers upload a private Netflix channel of the old version and PM me?

I don't want to have to keep my Roku3 on Stereo mode to use Netflix when all other channels work fine with the 5.1 surround setting set.

It doesn't work like that. No one but Netflix can offer a Netflix channel. Also with any version of Netflix, the option is either stereo or DD+, there's no other surround option(e.g. standard Dolby Digital) offered, so even if you had the channel you wouldn't be able to get better than stereo on Netflix.

However, if I understand the problem correctly, you should be able to set the Roku to surround mode, and then choose to use stereo streams within Netflix. That way you can use surround on the rest of the channels (other than Vudu and one or two others that also use DD+) and get plain stereo from Netflix.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

"gonzotek" wrote:
"matrixebiz" wrote:

It doesn't work like that. No one but Netflix can offer a Netflix channel. Also with any version of Netflix, the option is either stereo or DD+, there's no other surround option(e.g. standard Dolby Digital) offered, so even if you had the channel you wouldn't be able to get better than stereo on Netflix.

However, if I understand the problem correctly, you should be able to set the Roku to surround mode, and then choose to use stereo streams within Netflix. That way you can use surround on the rest of the channels (other than Vudu and one or two others that also use DD+) and get plain stereo from Netflix.

Yes but it doesn't always 'kickin' the sound when I do that, too bad there wasn't a way to set the Default sound of the Netflix channel to select Stereo instead of 5.1 😞
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

NVM - Roku is working on a fix for the issue as we speak so should be fixed shortly anyway.
0 Kudos