Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password to Package Application lost???

Hi,

I have lost my password to package the roku application. Now i want to package the newer version of my application. Is there any way that i can recover the password? Or create the package with new key and relink it to previous version of the application?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Password to Package Application lost???

Hi, sorry to hear you lost your password, but there is no way to recover it.

Does your channel store any login or linking information? If not then there is no problem to sign an update for the channel with a new key. If you do store information in the registry like a link to your website, your users will most likely have to relink and re-login after you update using a new key, unless you can figure out a way to bridge the two - for example if you store the device unique code on your webserver along with registration information, you might be able to come up with a strategy to keep currently authorized users authorized when the channel updates. I know of at least one channel that was able to do this.

- Joel
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply, currently there is nothing important being stored in the application so preserving the data doesn't matter. But if i package the application with new key and then publish then will the user be able to update this version over previous version or they will be having both previous and newer versions simultaneously? And what about the data (although not important) that is currently stored in registry, will it be always there or removed?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

The updated application will replace the old unless you change the Minimum Firmware version at upload time, so don't. Data stored in the registry will be lost.

- Joel
0 Kudos