Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Parsing <xml>text<node/></xml> ?

I still wonder if roXML can parse successfully XML that contains mixture of text and elements. (By "successfully" i mean parse returning result where parts of the document are not lost.) It was asked here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=66675#p427862 , i provided textbook examples and even a picture but that was not answered.

Maybe that was TL;DNR. Trying again with the simplest example i can muster - namely "<xml> text <node/> </xml>":
BrightScript Debugger> x = createObject("roXmlElement")
BrightScript Debugger> x.parse("<xml>text<node/></xml>")
BrightScript Debugger> ? x
<Component: roXMLElement>
BrightScript Debugger> ? x.getText()

BrightScript Debugger> ? x.genXml(false)
<xml><node /></xml>
BrightScript Debugger> ? x.getBody().count()
BrightScript Debugger> ? x.getBody()[0].genXml(false)
<node />

Where is my "text", how can i reach it?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Parsing <xml>text<node/></xml> ?

Its a bug, one of our engineers filed a bug on it for me, based on your previous thread. I don't know if it will ever be fixed, your best bet is to find a way to work around it.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Parsing <xml>text<node/></xml> ?

"RokuJoel" wrote:
Its a bug, one of our engineers filed a bug on it for me, based on your previous thread. I don't know if it will ever be fixed, your best bet is to find a way to work around it.

Thank you for the direct answer, RokuJoel!
Knowing that, i can figure how to proceed. There is no harm in admitting a quirk/peculiarity of a component - and mentioning the low probability of it being addressed also helps. Please do reply openly to other threads when there is a known issue/likely-outcome known.
0 Kudos