Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmatt0806
Channel Surfer

Overhang - Logo Size and Changing Color?

I'm using the "Simple Videoplayer Channel" found here and I'm trying to change the overhang logo and background color. The logo displays, but I'm not sure about the size. I have the image at 400 x 90...is this the correct size? Also, when I change the "color" property of the overhang, it doesn't match the logo background even though they are the same hex values. It looks like there is a default background in the overhang that is still slightly shown even though I'm setting color alpha to 100%. Any ideas?

<Overhang
      showClock="true"
 logoUri="pkg:/images/channel-logo.png"
 logoBaselineOffset="20"
 color="0x01182AFF"/>
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Overhang - Logo Size and Changing Color?

"jmatt0806" wrote:
The logo displays, but I'm not sure about the size. I have the image at 400 x 90...is this the correct size?

The height of the Overhang depends on your design canvas UI resolution (115 px for HD, 80 px for SD, not sure about FHD). I believe the image can be as wide as the canvas. You'll just have to experiment with different logo sizes, placements, colors, baseline offsets, etc. until you find something that looks good for your particular logo and channel, making sure that you don't have anything too close to the edges that will get chopped off by the TV. And make sure your content starts at a y-offset of 115 (HD), or 80 (SD), otherwise you may overwrite the overhang.

Also, when I change the "color" property of the overhang, it doesn't match the logo background even though they are the same hex values. It looks like there is a default background in the overhang that is still slightly shown even though I'm setting color alpha to 100%. Any ideas?

backgroundURI=""
0 Kudos
jmatt0806
Channel Surfer

I'm only seeing one "logoUri" property, so how does the app know the Uris for the SD and FHD logos?
Are you saying there's no standard sizing for these then?
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"jmatt0806" wrote:
I'm only seeing one "logoUri" property, so how does the app know the Uris for the SD and FHD logos?
Are you saying there's no standard sizing for these then?

For example - If you're developing for an HD canvas, use an HD logo. If you're developing for an SD canvas, use an SD logo. If you're developing for both SD and HD, then you'll need two Scenes, one for each, and in Main() you'll create whichever Scene applies to whichever UI resolution the device is using.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Another way to handle different logo image resolutions is to use the uri_resolution_autosub manifest option.

E.g. If your code targets all 3 resolutions, in your manifest file use this:

ui_resolutions=sd,hd,fhd
uri_resolution_autosub=$$RES$$,SD,HD,FHD

And in your Overhang:

logoUri="pkg:/images/Logo-$$RES$$.png"
0 Kudos