Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hardik
Visitor

Non-certified channel not showing on Home screen

Hello Team,

I have added Non-certified channel "https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=XXXXXXX" but it is not showing in my channel list on HOME screen.

Yesterday I had tried same and it was showing. Today I have removed that channel and added again but it is not showing in list.
It is showing me message that "Adding XXXXX" when I do "update" but it is not showing me on my home screen of ROKU4 device.

Can you please help as this is urgent and I need to share for beta testing. 

My device is ROKU4.

I have even tried to create new account and added it... also I have tried factory reset but in all cases same behaviour
So while update, it shows "Adding XXXX" but on home it is not displaying.

Even I am not able to see in my "Manage my channels"
How to manage and use this channel, I mean if I need to upload new version, poster etc, I am not able to see that in "Developer site -> Manage my channels"

Can you please help how to check that and upload new version for non-certified channel?

Hope to get your reply soon as I am stuck for beta release.

Regards,
Hardik
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Hardik
Visitor

Re: Non-certified channel not showing on Home screen

Can someone from Roku team reply, please?

I have tried to created another account and done same steps for uploading.
It was showing perfectly for few hours in "My Channel list" but after few hours now I am not able to see my non-certified channel in list.. Due to this even I am not able to delete or update my channel.

Please fix this as this is critical issue for first step for developer.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

I had a problem like this one time when my Zip / package included extra files that shouldn't have been there.  Forget exactly what it was, but make sure your zip does not include any extra files or folders.
Sorry no one from roku is answering you can try opening a ticket through dev site...
aspiring
0 Kudos
Hardik
Visitor

Dear @joetesta,

Appreciated your reply.

I was able to see my channel and able to install see on home page for few hours let say 5 hours from upload but after that suddenly I am not able to see Channel in Developer dash board.
as well when I try to add it is not showing on home screen, it shows message that adding channel but not displaying on home screen.

Did you face similar problem? this will motivate me to try to find cause of this.
I will check once again for all files and make sure they are all used in code.

Additional files, mean like logo file or any which is in my images folder but not used in code/script/SG ??

Once again thanks and guide me to solve this as you have already faced this issue.

Regards,
hardik
0 Kudos
Hardik
Visitor

Dear, 

I have checked and create package again but still facing same issue with even another account.

My channel gone after approx 5 hours... tried to contact ROKu team but not getting any reply.

Guys please help me out atleast someone from our developer community or ROKU team.

this is very besic step where I am stuck up... in this way if there is no support no one can develop ROKU app,.....

Waiting for your reply for solution or workaround or atleast what is issue with my channel.

Regards,
Hardik
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

You opened a ticket through the developer portal?
Did you try making a very basic channel, just use an example app and see if that stays on your home screen?
If you want to pm me your channel access code I can test it on a couple rokus and see if the same thing happens for me. 
aspiring
0 Kudos
abhishek
Channel Surfer

"Hardik" wrote:
Hello Team,

I have added Non-certified channel "https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=XXXXXXX" but it is not showing in my channel list on HOME screen.

Yesterday I had tried same and it was showing. Today I have removed that channel and added again but it is not showing in list.
It is showing me message that "Adding XXXXX" when I do "update" but it is not showing me on my home screen of ROKU4 device.

My device is ROKU4.

I have even tried to create new account and added it... also I have tried factory reset but in all cases same behaviour

How to manage and use this channel, I mean if I need to upload new version, poster etc, I am not able to see that in "Developer site -> Manage my channels"

Can you please help how to check that and upload new version for non-certified channel?

Regards,
Hardik

Roku has bugs in this process they don't show any error message. Please check the Non-certified Channel availability country and user's account (who is trying to add the channel) country. App should be available in user's country otherwise it will not show up in your Roku Device.
0 Kudos
Hardik
Visitor

"abhishek" wrote:
"Hardik" wrote:
Hello Team,

My device is ROKU4.

Regards,
Hardik

Roku has bugs in this process they don't show any error message. Please check the Non-certified Channel availability country and user's account (who is trying to add the channel) country. App should be available in user's country otherwise it will not show up in your Roku Device.
0 Kudos