Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virtualecho
Binge Watcher

No payments to Developers

No payments to Developers

hello - I have yet to receive my payment for the last period of 60 days.  that is when they switched from 30 to 60 days.  you have to realize that if you were in the system, switching from 30 to 60 days, you will be absconded of one month of revenue.  it is like a deposit of an apartment, you get it in the end.  because the cycle will not complete until the end of the contract.  so essentially, one month revenue has been stolen from you.

This is a fight with Roku, this has been going on for the last six months with the payments.  Roku has lost their moral compass in doing what is correct.

My suggestion, which I will do for my channel.  Post a note, that we have not gotten paid and that the channel is at risk for being shut down.  Put the e-mail of the offenders on the notice to e-mail partnersuccess@roku.com or call their number, requestiong that the developer be paid.

Let the clients be the fury to them.

Frankly, the Roku payments poeple are not so clever, all they do is anger us to action.  Should they have given payment, all this would be moot.  We do not run businesses and not get paid.  Roku has already gotten paid by the customers.   We have overhead and exprenses, some people live off that revenue.  They are not taking care of the people that generate revenue for them.

3 REPLIES 3
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Re: No payments to Developers

They don’t care, never have. Had lots of issues over the years.

not been paid after this 60 day delay. Who knows when or if it will turn up.

hardly makes you want to develop for the platform does it?

if Roku looses us, their unique selling point, they have nothing, they can’t take on the Apples, Googles and Amazon’s of the world, they will fizzle and die.

0 Kudos
ben9000
Streaming Star

They literally eated our one month payment.

They literally don't care. Non-sense and unethical behaviour. They even can't stick to their email. They have said that payments will go in the end of July 31st. They have not sent yet, as today is 2nd August and wire transfers will take 2 to 3 business days too, so you can imagine.

Also in our developer distribution agreement https://docs.roku.com/published/developerdistribution/en/us
you can see, they have breached the timeline, written that within 60 days, no later than 60 days. They have gone ahead. Legal action can be taken against Roku but they have lawyers on payroll for this purpose to fight. Big players like Netflix use their own payment system. They do not believe Roku. We are the guys which Roku do not care about.

I request any firm if big enough and can afford, please take a legal action with Roku about this. If action taken seriously they will improve the system, otherwise they don't care. 

Roku only cares about their revenue not other developers. They have a messy payment system.

Partner success do not responding. We are running our channels and customers pays instantly. We are paying monthly costs servers, our employees and Roku enjoying our revenue instantly.

I hope some Roku guy reading this, please show this to higher management. This strategy will not sustain. New developers will not come even old ones (us) will be moving soon.

Can't afford these uncertainties. We owed Roku tens of thousands.

We are partners, we are not begging, we just want to be paid our money on time. 
@RokuJonathanD @RokuNicole-S @RokuKent @RokuAnthony 
Developer Agreement - See 3.1Developer Agreement - See 3.1

0 Kudos
virtualecho
Binge Watcher

Great note - Thank you for posting.

From Yahoo Finance - posted today 02 Aug

Shares of Roku (ROKU) are moving higher in after-hours trading on Thursday after the company reported its second quarter earnings, beating expectations for revenue, benefiting from strong ad sales. In addition, the company's guidance for the third quarter were in-line with Wall Street estimates.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.