Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virtualecho
Binge Watcher

No payments to Developers

hello - I have yet to receive my payment for the last period of 60 days.  that is when they switched from 30 to 60 days.  you have to realize that if you were in the system, switching from 30 to 60 days, you will be absconded of one month of revenue.  it is like a deposit of an apartment, you get it in the end.  because the cycle will not complete until the end of the contract.  so essentially, one month revenue has been stolen from you.

This is a fight with Roku, this has been going on for the last six months with the payments.  Roku has lost their moral compass in doing what is correct.

My suggestion, which I will do for my channel.  Post a note, that we have not gotten paid and that the channel is at risk for being shut down.  Put the e-mail of the offenders on the notice to e-mail partnersuccess@roku.com or call their number, requestiong that the developer be paid.

Let the clients be the fury to them.

Frankly, the Roku payments poeple are not so clever, all they do is anger us to action.  Should they have given payment, all this would be moot.  We do not run businesses and not get paid.  Roku has already gotten paid by the cusomters.   We have overhead and exprenses, some people live off that revenue.  They are not taking care of the people that generate revenue for them.

3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: No payments to Developers

You would probably get better responses in the Roku Developer forums:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers 

0 Kudos
virtualecho
Binge Watcher

Thank you Andy, was not aware of this.

Cheers

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

This IS the developer forum.

PayPal payments appear to have been sent a few days ago, but checking account deposits apparently are absent, and actually a day late if "NET60" means anything at all.

By the way, according to Forbes, Roku has a "cash surge" right now. Gee, I wonder why.

As for thinking that a payment cycle was stolen, as long as you keep up with your records, if there ever is a bitter end to your app business, Roku would still owe you 2 monthly payments after the date the plug is pulled.  Always keep spreadsheets and books.  You'll be able to produce exhibits on a whim and even invoice them with a late notice if you're brave enough.. let us know how that goes.  🙂

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.