Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

No music on my Roku 1 2710

So I haven't tested my game development on my Roku 1 2710 in a while, and when I loaded it, there is NO MUSIC, and there is a crazy delayed reaction to my button presses, in the range of 5-10 seconds! The thing is, when I edit my game to cut out the music (not even start it), the game then runs just fine, no button delays.

I then ran Romans_I_XVI "Tiles" and again, NO MUSIC - but game played well enough (if slow), and there were is no big button press delays as there are in my game.

I then ran Prince of Persia and got "Warning: Your Roku device doesn't support accelerated graphics, this game will not perform well" - interesting - and it loaded up and the main menu/story music played fine this time. The game then played correctly (with poor performance of course)(and some odd blinking in the menu at one point)

I then fired up good ol Pathogen 2, NO MUSIC, but game played fine.

I loaded up Snake, NO MUSIC, game played mostly fine (some odd horrible blinking when loading stuff, and very loud sound effect when eating pellet).

I loaded Retaliate, NO MUSIC, game played fine, then horrible blinking on high score screen, repeatedly saying "Loading..." then the high score screen - if I had to guess I'd say the front and back buffer are swapping from a dual buffer screen.

Then tried Kuglo, NO MUSIC, game played fine

See a pattern? (except for POP - must work differently somehow)

All of this NO MUSIC is on Roku 1 2710, software 7.2.0, build 4113-06

The following Roku's are working fine:
- Roku 3 4200
- Streaming stick 3500
- Roku TV 5120
- Roku 2 XS 3100
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: No music on my Roku 1 2710

My streaming stick 3500 is Version 7.2.0 build 4100-09
- I can't check the other Rokus right now, but I think the build 4100 looks familiar
- So could the problem be in my Roku 1's build 4113-06?
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Can anyone with a Roku 1 check the software version and test a couple of these games to see if music is working for you?

(My Roku 2 XS 3100 is v7.2.0 build 4100-02)
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Does Roku Co not care that all those folks with a 2710 model can't hear any music in most of the games?

Am I going crazy and it's just me?

Is this getting fixed in next firmware update?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

I find it surprising that sound does not play on Roku 1 but plays on RokuTV (i checked on mine), which btw has the same firmware 7.2.4143
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I checked on this today, problem has been fixed with 7.5.0 build 4099-06. I tested all the games from the first post, all music working fine now, and my own game works fine now.
0 Kudos