Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChuckPalm
Visitor

New Developer - No video

Greetings,
Forgive the newbie questions, but I have setup and installed my very first Roku private channel, after several hours of trial and error, I get as far as the "Play now" button, and it acts as if it is retrieving the video, then hangs at about 50%. I checked the paths, files, and repackaged, to no avail...it still hangs, then returns to the "Play now" screen. SO CLOSE YET SO FAR!

Granted...I am not a true developer, but I am somewhat familiar with XML due to Podcasting and style sheets from Wordpress. Anyone think they can help?

Best,

Chuck Palm
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Developer - No video

Are you sure your video is a supported format? Try playing the video from the simple video player example:
http://video.ted.com/talks/podcast/Crai ... 08_480.mp4

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ChuckPalm
Visitor

AS luck would have it, that was it! However, I re-encoded several of my test videos, and tried them, and I just can't seem to get them to play. I've used Any Video Converter, and even tried re-rendering with other h.264 settings...any help here as to how to format the mp4's? Thanks for the reply!
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"ChuckPalm" wrote:
AS luck would have it, that was it! However, I re-encoded several of my test videos, and tried them, and I just can't seem to get them to play. I've used Any Video Converter, and even tried re-rendering with other h.264 settings...any help here as to how to format the mp4's? Thanks for the reply!

Take a look at the Encoding Guide in the SDK, particularly section 2.5.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's often the audio track that's the problem.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos