Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPAPRESS
Visitor

New App to switch off WLAN on ROKU 3?

As a newbie in using the ROKU 3 I will ask the developers here:

1 - Is WLAN in ROKU 3 hardwired or software driven?
2 - If software driven, is ist possible to take the SDK to write a new ROKU app?

Background: Way to high broadcasting of DIRECT-roku-xxx-xxx, the inner ROKU 3 WLAN. Look here:

In BIG:

http://www.broimg.de/pics/aytorfpsGk8C0taob8kkIHpYh.png

One of the main Features of ROKU 3 is too strong!

Manfred
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: New App to switch off WLAN on ROKU 3?

Is this a problem? I think it is what enables you to walk outside your house and still listen on the wifi remote...

No method in the SDK to turn it off.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EPAPRESS
Visitor

Also you are thinking WLAN in the ROKU 3 is hardwired?

I asking therefore: I have reseted ROKU 3 and the Direct WLAN wave went away of the screen in the Android app WiFi Analyzer.
But at reboot the WLAN not came again at the Screen with the jumping ROKU logo. WLAN arised again on my WiFi Analyzer screen as ROKU 3 was itself on its main screen.

Manfred
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

The Roku3 remote is RF. If you turned off the wifi direct, the remote wouldn't work.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
EPAPRESS
Visitor

"kc8pql" wrote:
The Roku3 remote is RF. If you turned off the wifi direct, the remote wouldn't work.

Yes! The remote of ROKU3 is a WLAN remote.
But my thinking is: I have bought over eBay US the following ROKU remote:

Roku Standard Remote with Channel Shortcut Buttons (Works with All Roku Models)

That is a remote with infrared (IR) and when I will pull out the batteries from the WLAN remote, reset ROKU 3 and have the IR remote handy and ready then - maybe and hopefully - the ethernet connected ROKU 3 box will stopping its inner WLAN and works only with Ethernet and infrared remote.

Therefore important: Is WiFi&inner WLAN of ROKU always online, also If I will use infrared remote?
No need for that: I am using Ethernet and do not want to use WLAN-earphones!

Manfred
0 Kudos