Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astudios
Channel Surfer

My channel unavailable in Canada? Must be a simple oversight

Hello all,

I have a channel "SermonAudio.com" that doesn't seem to be available for a Canadian user.

I have all the appropriate region boxes checked for US, Canada, Rest of World, etc.

Can someone give me some help with why this might be?

Many thanks!
Steven Lee
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: My channel unavailable in Canada? Must be a simple overs

Did you publish a new package after checking the boxes for the other channel stores? Any time you make updates to a channel, even if it's just channel store properties, you need to submit/publish a new package. If there weren't any changes to the channel, you can just re-publish the same package as last time.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
astudios
Channel Surfer

"TheEndless" wrote:
Did you publish a new package after checking the boxes for the other channel stores? Any time you make updates to a channel, even if it's just channel store properties, you need to submit/publish a new package. If there weren't any changes to the channel, you can just re-publish the same package as last time.

Thanks for the tip. I just tried re-submitting the exact same ZIP package and we'll see how it goes.

I appreciate the response.

Steven
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You mean PKG package? The channel store doesn't accept zip files and should be displaying an error message if you try to upload a package in zip format.
0 Kudos
VeraKeisey
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
You mean PKG package? The channel store doesn't accept zip files and should be displaying an error message if you try to upload a package in zip format.

So i get the answer why i got into the same problem. :shock:
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

once you upload a PKG to the channel store, as either a private channel or unpublished/published public channel, the "Package" link it displays has a .zip extension if you try to download it. If downloaded, it isn't a valid zip file so you'd need to rename it to be .pkg. If you're following so far, be sure the file you upload is a .pkg file, not a zip file, and hopefully roku can fix their back-end server to not rename it to an incorrect .zip file extension sometime....
0 Kudos