Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"el.wubo" wrote:
Can you try copying

Grateful Dead\Commercial Releases\Built to Last

down to a lower level in the directory tree to test this theory?

I tested nesting a song down to 8 levels in the latest release and it played without difficulty but I'll investigate it further if we can show that this specific album works when it's at a less nested path.


Copied the "Built to Last" into the same folder as the Arron Nevel where albums played - guess what - it played fine.

Seems like the nesting is the trick
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Copied the "Built to Last" into the same folder as the Arron Nevel where albums played - guess what - it played fine.


I'm stumped. I'll have to think on this and get back to you. Maybe I can put together a special debug build for you that will give us more clues since I can't reproduce the problem here. I'll let you know when I have something new for you to try out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Looks like the problem might have been me.. (hard to imagine LOL).. but I just restarted everything and it seems to be working!!

Thank you

Testing some more and will let you know if I have issues..

thx

"el.wubo" wrote:
Non-english characters: Our support is somewhat improved. You should now be able to navigate to folders with non-english characters in the song names though the songs with non-english characters may not display properly due to a bug in the ID3 library I'm using. I'll look into that and fix it if I can.

buaboo:

Excellent. Glad you're making progress.

Can you telnet to port 8085 of your Roku and send me what you see there?

The player will automatically loop through every song in a folder indefinitely. You only need to manually intervene if you want to start playing songs in a different folder.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"el.wubo" wrote:
calicommando and deftone:

Just added support for remembering where you were on the previous screen. This feature is in the latest version. Make sure you update your client after you download.

Wow, I'm away from the forum for 24 hours and look at all the progress!

Anyway, thanks for this feature. Works like a charm. Smiley Happy

I noticed you mentioned re-working your sorting algorithm. I think you introduced a bit of a bug when you did this. It appears that the sorting algorithm isn't handling uppercase and lowercase letters in the same manner. What I mean is, all of my artist folders that are not capitalized (lowercase first letter) get thrown to the end of the list. For example, tobyMac gets listed after ZZ Top. Not exactly what you'd expect. Smiley Wink
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Netgear WNDR3400 (all Rokus wireless)
25 Mbps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

DeftOne:

Good catch. I've updated the latest version to ignore the case of artists and song titles during the sort.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Great. Thanks for fixing that so quickly.

Now, on to another bug I've run into. If a song finishes while you are browsing somewhere other than the folder the song is in, playback stops. In fact, whatever folder is selected is incremented to the next folder almost like it's trying to select the next song as normal, but it's not a song. I think it's confused and doesn't realize that it's not within the album folder anymore. I had this happen to me the first time a few releases ago completely by chance, and I have been able to reproduce this bug with this latest build. The first time it happened, it totally crashed the channel and I couldn't get it to come back up for a while. My later attempts to reproduce haven't crashed the channel like that though.

The behavior I would prefer to see would be playback continuing to the next song within the album that is currently playing, even if I'm off browsing somewhere else, and playback of the current album stopping if and only if I select another song somewhere else. Hopefully that is doable.

Thanks!

EDIT: Upon further testing, if I browse to another album folder than the album that is currently playing, and a song finishes it increments the selected song in the newly selected album AND ACTUALLY PLAYS IT! I can't decide if that's a bug or a feature. Smiley Wink I'm leaning toward bug, since I would still prefer the album I'm playing songs from previously to continue playing until I intervene and actually select a song from a different album.
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Netgear WNDR3400 (all Rokus wireless)
25 Mbps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Onecaribu is trying to help me offline on this issue, but I thought I would post it here so I don't keep bothering one person.

I am trying to modify the init.d so I can start rs_serve.py automatically when the NAS reboots. I created the below script which works when I execute it manually, but I can't seem to get it to work automagically (I did do a chmod 777 on the script)

chdir /share/Public/media
/opt/bin/python2.6 ./rss_server.py


I placed this script called it pythstart in /share/Public/media (where the rss_server.py is...

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"buaboo" wrote:
Onecaribu is trying to help me offline on this issue, but I thought I would post it here so I don't keep bothering one person.

I am trying to modify the init.d so I can start rs_serve.py automatically when the NAS reboots. I created the below script which works when I execute it manually, but I can't seem to get it to work automagically (I did do a chmod 777 on the script)

chdir /share/Public/media
/opt/bin/python2.6 ./rss_server.py


I placed this script called it pythstart in /share/Public/media (where the rss_server.py is...

Any thoughts?


Depending on the version on Linux running on your NAS - you may have to do a :

chkstat -add

You distro may vary
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

I have Maxtor which is running a version of freenas.. Not sure if that helps or not..

I tried doing chkstat -add at command line and it said it was not found.

"dellsweig" wrote:
"buaboo" wrote:
Onecaribu is trying to help me offline on this issue, but I thought I would post it here so I don't keep bothering one person.

I am trying to modify the init.d so I can start rs_serve.py automatically when the NAS reboots. I created the below script which works when I execute it manually, but I can't seem to get it to work automagically (I did do a chmod 777 on the script)

chdir /share/Public/media
/opt/bin/python2.6 ./rss_server.py


I placed this script called it pythstart in /share/Public/media (where the rss_server.py is...

Any thoughts?


Depending on the version on Linux running on your NAS - you may have to do a :

chkstat -add

You distro may vary
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"buaboo" wrote:
I have Maxtor which is running a version of freenas.. Not sure if that helps or not..

I tried doing chkstat -add at command line and it said it was not found.

"dellsweig" wrote:
"buaboo" wrote:
Onecaribu is trying to help me offline on this issue, but I thought I would post it here so I don't keep bothering one person.

I am trying to modify the init.d so I can start rs_serve.py automatically when the NAS reboots. I created the below script which works when I execute it manually, but I can't seem to get it to work automagically (I did do a chmod 777 on the script)

chdir /share/Public/media
/opt/bin/python2.6 ./rss_server.py


I placed this script called it pythstart in /share/Public/media (where the rss_server.py is...

Any thoughts?


Depending on the version on Linux running on your NAS - you may have to do a :

chkstat -add

You distro may vary


look in /usr/sbin - that may not be in your path.
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos