Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canaws
Binge Watcher

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

For el.wubo

Early Development report, Part 3

I have the newest version of the early development channel and I'm still having the same problem that I emailed you about. In fact, I found another artist folder that gives me a zero division error (see error file 3) and I know I've played these same files on the regular (non-early dev) channel. It happens when I try to enter the folder of the artist. The feed is no longer reading the information in the folder correctly for some reason. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"hammerpocket" wrote:
Using PhotoBrowsing1...
Is the mp3 album art display dependent upon PIL? I still haven't gotten PIL to work (on OS X) and I'm not seeing album art in My Media.

No. It's dependent on either having the album art as a jpg or png in the same folder as your album or the art being embedded in the mp3. It could be that iTunes embeds the images slightly differently or something. I don't have any samples from the iTunes store. Feel free to email me a sample if you have any mp3s that you think should work and you can legally share them with me.

Also: The default video folder for Macs is currently ~/Videos but should be ~/Movies.

Thanks! It's fixed in my latest version now and will be in the next release.
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:
"hammerpocket" wrote:
Using PhotoBrowsing1...
Is the mp3 album art display dependent upon PIL? I still haven't gotten PIL to work (on OS X) and I'm not seeing album art in My Media.

No. It's dependent on either having the album art as a jpg or png in the same folder as your album or the art being embedded in the mp3. It could be that iTunes embeds the images slightly differently or something. I don't have any samples from the iTunes store. Feel free to email me a sample if you have any mp3s that you think should work and you can legally share them with me.

Also: The default video folder for Macs is currently ~/Videos but should be ~/Movies.

Thanks! It's fixed in my latest version now and will be in the next release.

Good Morning

Are you planning on merging the photo stuff into the master soon??

I NEED a new build to test 🙂

Dan
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"dellsweig" wrote:

Good Morning

Are you planning on merging the photo stuff into the master soon??

I NEED a new build to test 🙂

Dan

Haha! Soon!

In the mean time there's always the latest on the dev line: http://github.com/netguy204/roku_media_ ... hives/next

There you can see umbighouse's new photo artwork.

Renojim is working on adding some configuration options to the channel so you can change things like the slideshow delay time. I expect that will be ready soon.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"el.wubo" wrote:
Renojim is working on adding some configuration options to the channel so you can change things like the slideshow delay time. I expect that will be ready soon.

You got the first implementation of the "settings" screen, right? I should have a new feature ready to test sometime today. 😄

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mforan
Visitor

WRT music streaming I'm noticing that some tunes that sounded pretty good on my computer speakers are sounding weak over my house sound system. This got me to wondering, are there sound bit-rate, bandwidth, etc. limitations on the process of getting a song from my computer to my sound system?
Better is the enemy of good enough.
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"mforan" wrote:
WRT music streaming I'm noticing that some tunes that sounded pretty good on my computer speakers are sounding weak over my house sound system. This got me to wondering, are there sound bit-rate, bandwidth, etc. limitations on the process of getting a song from my computer to my sound system?

I stream my music through this "channel" to my AV system and it sounds as good as it does going to my main steroe system via the Roku Soundbridge. My computer speakers are not that good....

Do you have any bandwidth issues in your home network?? My fileserver and my Roku are shared on a N network as I think the G wireless (as it is shared with 5 laptops, an xbox and a couple desktops) might be a little constrained on bandwidth at times.
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
"el.wubo" wrote:

You got the first implementation of the "settings" screen, right? I should have a new feature ready to test sometime today. 😄

-JT

I just merged jim's new settings screen and theming fixes. Everything is looking really good and I'd say we're close to blessing the development line and calling it stable. Have any of the mac users out there managed to get PIL working?

The latest dev release is PhotoBrowsing2. It includes the new theming from umbighouse, numerous fixes and improvements from renojim, the new settings screen from renojim, and a couple of server side bug fixes.

Get yours here.
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:
"renojim" wrote:
"el.wubo" wrote:

-JT

I just merged jim's new settings screen and theming fixes. Everything is looking really good and I'd say we're close to blessing the development line and calling it stable. Have any of the mac users out there managed to get PIL working?

The latest dev release is PhotoBrowsing2. It includes the new theming from umbighouse, numerous fixes and improvements from renojim, the new settings screen from renojim, and a couple of server side bug fixes.

Get yours here.

Pulling photo2 now - will let you know how it goes

Dan
0 Kudos
mforan
Visitor

Re: audio bandwidth. I do have the G home LAN. Tunes that are really great source do sound great via Roku. Its probably just that weak source material is more noticeable over the big system rather than the computer. But, it led me to wonder, if I encode at CBR or VBR of 320 then that is what the Roku transmits?
Better is the enemy of good enough.
0 Kudos