Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Before we try to tackle your server problem, I should let you know that there is no USB support. This is to play media off of your computer, not from a USB device attached to the Roku

If you still want to continue, let me know.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

renojim:

Can the 2.0 Beta channel still be loaded up on to the box in developer mode?

Also...Did you post instructions on how to load up new graphics to the Beta 2.0 channel?
0 Kudos
renojim

It can be loaded in developer mode, but I haven't updated github yet with the new channel files. I should be doing that in the next week or so, but if you'd like it before then let me know and I'll put it into Google docs like I did with the server code.

To use your own images, just overwrite the ones in the client/images directory. I put a list of the images that are actually used here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25955&start=1440#p276964

I also gave a little more information about how to create the images at the end of this post:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25955&start=1425#p276942

The original 2.0 beta post (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25955&start=1425#p276791) has a link to a zip of a modified theme that I created that you may want to take a look at, especially if you'd like to change any colors. The colors.xml file in that zip shows how to change colors.

-JT

0 Kudos

The improvements are great on the 2.0 channel. Definitely faster!

I figured the Git Hub was not updated. It would be great if you loaded it up to Google Docs, but please don't go out of your way for my request.

I realized after the fact how to change up the graphics, but thank you for the links!
0 Kudos
renojim

Here you go:
datamodel.brs
appMain.brs

I think that's all you need for the client. They go in the client/source directory, of course.

Now I can put off getting my github act together for a little longer. Smiley LOL

-JT

0 Kudos
cl_
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
Before we try to tackle your server problem, I should let you know that there is no USB support. This is to play media off of your computer, not from a USB device attached to the Roku

If you still want to continue, let me know.

-JT

JT- thank you for the reply - I appreciate it. I'm really looking for a solution that will allow me to play my music without the computer being on. If it will not work with a hard drive plugged directly into the Roku, is there any chance it will work from a hard drive plugged into a Seagate Dockstar?
0 Kudos
renojim

"cl_" wrote:
If it will not work with a hard drive plugged directly into the Roku, is there any chance it will work from a hard drive plugged into a Seagate Dockstar?

That's how I use it! However, it requires getting Plugbox Linux on your Dockstar. Gunslinger2 posted pretty detailed instructions with links here. It may look overwhelming, but I think it's worth it. I think you lose the Pogoplug Internet interface, or whatever it's called, so if you use that part to get to your Dockstar remotely you may not want to do this. I have other ways to do that without using the Pogoplug service, so it wasn't a concern for me.

-JT

0 Kudos

Look, all I know is...

I've been using this channel since it was first announced and it is the reason we own 3 Roku boxes.

JT thanks for continuing this project!
0 Kudos
renojim

No problem. Thanks for the thanks. 😄 It is by far the most used channel on my box (mostly for music, which I turn on when I wake up and leave on for most of the day).

-JT

0 Kudos
fifemiester
Visitor

How do you add the folders to the feed and how does the player see the feed itself
0 Kudos