Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

It's stored on the box itself. I have a working version that stores the information on the server, which is really nice if you have more than one box, but it isn't in the current server. el.wubo and I really need to get together and resolve several issues like this. The client and server I use personally are a little different than the current private channel.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dgrace
Roku Guru

"renojim" wrote:
"dgrace" wrote:
Any one else not getting embedded album art with the MyMedia channel? I'm wanting to find out if it's something here or in the build. Is there a specific ID3 protocol that needs to be adhered to? Having added art to over 600 mp3 albums took sometime, and it did work that first day, but now only artist art on top folder (which has the artist.jpg in it) but individual albums lack the album art except on each single track.

I may be onto something. You were trying different server versions, weren't you? Looking back, there was a version that didn't handle embedded album art for the folder image, but that was a while ago and at that time I'm pretty sure the server that was launched was 'rss_server.py'. You aren't launching that, are you?

-JT

Yes. What should I be using to start the process?
To be honest I'm not certain anymore what I use to launch the server app. When you follow the instructions to initially set it up they tell you to launch the mymedia.bat file. I assumed that was for the initial setup and that afterwards I should use something else, so I've mostly likely tried springboard and the rss_server.py but I'm not sure what the .pyc files do other than be created once app has been run.
IF I could work through the steps for step up I'd gladly pen some detailed instructions fo others to follow, but I'm not there yet with my set up.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
jheartney
Visitor

I was going to try out this channel, but whenever I go to rokumm.appspot.com to register, I get a message saying Google App engine is over quota. I guess you guys don't want anybody adding your channel.
0 Kudos
renojim

Sorry about that, but it's out of my control.

-JT

0 Kudos
jklecha

Has anyone found an answer to the error message the server returns: "error contacting rokumm.appspot.com 503 service unavailable"
This is the message I get at my C:\ but it is similar to the message gotten if I go to http://www.rokumm.appspot.com in my browser.
Who has the authorization to change the quota in the Google App? Or better yet how can this be fixed?
0 Kudos
cdndave
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
rraheja, I have to suspect a problem with your server, firewall, or router. Bit rates of 3000 kbps shouldn't be a problem. I use the command line version of HandBrake and basically use the default values except that I add the -O (web optimized) option and I force the framerate to 29.97 fps. I also set the output file size to be about the same as the input file size, thereby pretty much copying the bit rate of the source file. Do you have a problem video you could post somewhere that I could try?

As for the strangeness of one video seemingly affecting another, I've seen all sorts of strange things occur that only a reboot of the box will fix (and sometimes not even that will fix the problem).

-JT

Hi Renojim

could you provide a sample of the command you use? I have an elaborate bat file, for 90% of the files it's great - the other 10% cause me some grief 🙂

Thanks

cdndave
0 Kudos
paulvarma1
Visitor

error contacting rokumm.appspot.com 503 service unavailable

getting error message the server returns: "error contacting rokumm.appspot.com 503 service unavailable"
even if I go to http://www.rokumm.appspot.com in my browser. quota over in the Google App?
0 Kudos
dgrace
Roku Guru

"renojim" wrote:
"dgrace" wrote:
Any one else not getting embedded album art with the MyMedia channel? I'm wanting to find out if it's something here or in the build. Is there a specific ID3 protocol that needs to be adhered to? Having added art to over 600 mp3 albums took sometime, and it did work that first day, but now only artist art on top folder (which has the artist.jpg in it) but individual albums lack the album art except on each single track.

I may be onto something. You were trying different server versions, weren't you? Looking back, there was a version that didn't handle embedded album art for the folder image, but that was a while ago and at that time I'm pretty sure the server that was launched was 'rss_server.py'. You aren't launching that, are you?
-JT

So, not getting any answers so I'm experimenting. This morning I launched the server via springboard (not Load but Launch). Because I'm using the mymedia from rokumm.appspot I'm assuming I wouldn't need to install anything to my Roku. Anyway, still no album art for any album folders. One thing I did notice this morning was when I tried to launch the server with mymedia.bat the line comes up in the cmd window that rokumm.appspot blah blah blah is not reachable or some similar language, and it just sits there. I'm assuming from this that launching via the mymedia.bat depends on the google app running. Any of this making sense?
Other than the lack of displayed embedded album art everything works fine. I did notice that when selecting the first rack in a folder it loops through the album until paused. Is this the same behavior I'd see if I selected Play All in a folder? I'd like to be able to either loop or play through once.
Also, if the mymedia selected from the channel store is a problem then I'm game for loading it locally.
Can anyone advise on this?
More experimenting. Saw in cmd window that once I very my media from browser that activity is logged. I clicked around and watched this logging. When I'd go in My Music I'd get a 404 error logged for trying to reach main.css.
When I'd use the STOP button to kill the server I'd get a "stopping server Springboard terminating" which just stays there until I use Windows Task Manager to kill the remaining python.exe.
The experimenting continues. Hoping I don't accidentally stumble into launch codes and have missiles away.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
renojim

"jklecha" wrote:
Has anyone found an answer to the error message the server returns: "error contacting rokumm.appspot.com 503 service unavailable"
This is the message I get at my C:\ but it is similar to the message gotten if I go to http://www.rokumm.appspot.com in my browser.
Who has the authorization to change the quota in the Google App? Or better yet how can this be fixed?

el.wubo setup the site. He's aware of the problem.

-JT

0 Kudos
jklecha

Thank you for the response. I will wait for el.wubo.
0 Kudos