Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

MultiStyleLabel with Ellipsis

I'm not sure if I've found a bug.  I'm using a MultiStyleLabel.  It extends LabelBase.  LabelBase supports an ellipsis for text that extends beyond a boundary.

I was using a standard Lablel object (which also extends LabelBase).  It was showing an ellipsis correctly for longer text.  I then switched to using a MultiStyleLabel and it no longer shows an ellipsis for the same text.

Can someone verify that this is a Roku bug?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Chris-DP
Channel Surfer

Re: MultiStyleLabel with Ellipsis

I am also experiencing this issue leading to a large amount of workaround to try and make this useable. 

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: MultiStyleLabel with Ellipsis

@Chris-DP Please see the answer on StackOverflow.  This has been resolved.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos