Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RowanG1Bilue
Binge Watcher

Memory profiling not working

The CPU brightscript profiling is working- I can see the threads live. But when I add in memory profiling, I get "Can not establish connection to xxxxxxxx:8080 (Timeout or might be in use).", and the roku device restarts. I have tried two ways: the manifest approach, and the profiler web tool approach. With manifest, I use:

# Brightscript profiling options
bsprof_enable=1
bsprof_enable_mem=1
bsprof_data_dest=network

With the web tool, I select as follows in screenshot:Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 10.25.30 am.png
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Memory profiling not working

This has to do with a channel app you are developing or have developed?

You've posted to a forum for Roku users, where few, if any, will be able to help. The Developers forums are a couple of doors down the hall: https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos