Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agale
Visitor

Re: MarkupGrid Item Metadata with fixedLayout="true"

These errors
** Error - ArrayGrid Layout: Fixed Layout cell was already occupied

are being caused by MarkupGrid's numColumns being less than the actual number of columns in the dataset (defined by the itemData.X values). 

Say numColumns is 4 and the highest itemData.X value is 4 (because this is zero-based we have 5 columns and there is 1 column which should draw off screen.)
Instead of drawing item (4,0)  "off screen" in a position we could scroll to, the grid simply draws it in the first spot on the next row (0,1). Then there is a collision when the item which actually belongs at (0,1) is drawn. 

Does that make sense?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"agale" wrote:
EnTerr wrote:
Does SG just crash (no error) if existing fields are re-defined? That would be... peculiar.

Actually, yes it does. Changing GuideItemData.xml to the code below causes a crash and device reboot. No errors anywhere.

I actually tested that before I posted and got the results I included above.  Although, I only tested with X and Y, so the crash could be specific to the W and H overrides.  Either way, the feedback that is given, whether it be the output I posted or the device reboot you experienced, doesn't provide much to go on when trying to debug it.

"agale" wrote:
These errors
** Error - ArrayGrid Layout: Fixed Layout cell was already occupied

are being caused by MarkupGrid's numColumns being less than the actual number of columns in the dataset (defined by the itemData.X values). 

Yes, that's what they're intended to indicate, but you get the same errors when overriding the X and/or Y interface fields, which is why I said they were confusing and not very helpful.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
btpoole
Channel Surfer

Has anything been resolved on the fixedlayout? Having the same issures. Thought maybe setting the number of columns dynamically based on the total w might work but nothing changes. Still get the error of already occupied. Maybe I'm missing something but is this the only way to create an expandable "cell" in the grid?
0 Kudos