Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monettes
Visitor

Loss of audio when fast forwarding with HLS

Hi,

I'm testing my ROKU device with the basic SimpleVideoPlayer application. I created a m3u8 file and everything is running great if I just play the movie.

If I pause and then restart the movie, every works fine too.

But if I start fast forwarding or rewinding the same movie, I loose the audio for a while. Then the audio will come back later, but will be out of sync with the Video.

We are currently testing with our HTTP server in our lab. So we have a perfect 100Mbps network connection between the Roku and our HTTP server.

I played the same URL link using my QuickTime player and the fast forward and rewind features works fine and the audio is always in-sync with the video on my QuickTime player.

Have you seen this issue? Is this something I can fix or I need to wait for a new firmware?

Thanks,

Stephan Monette
Unlimitel Inc.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Loss of audio when fast forwarding with HLS

I have not seen this issue.... If the URL is accessible and you'd like o PM me the URL, I will see if I can recreate the same scenario.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
monettes
Visitor

Re: Loss of audio when fast forwarding with HLS

Kevin,

I found the problem. The file was poorly encoded. I tested with another file properly encoded and the rewind and forward works perfectly.

Thank you,

Stephan Monette
Unlimitel Inc.
0 Kudos