Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhindman
Visitor

Looking for beta testers for new channel

EDIT - At this point we have enough beta testers registered. We will be adding more little by little as we monitor the web app and scale. If you would like to get on the waiting list, please pm me and I will message you as we add more users.

Hi all…. First post but avid lurker. 😉 I am looking for beta testers for my new channel. If interested send me an email at bhindman at totalitnow.com and I will send you the channel code. Or you can register at http://www.sunimi.com and I will send you the code to the email you register with.

The channel and web service provides the ability to stream your own local media (without installing 3rd party server applications) to your Roku or any web enabled device. In addition, you can dynamically create your own feeds/channels with content from the web, subscribe to existing feeds created by other users and share your feeds with your friends.

thanks!

Brian
www.sunimi.com
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SCarle
Visitor

Re: Looking for beta testers for new channel

nice has some potential!!
0 Kudos
servo
Visitor

signed up. waiting for code.
0 Kudos
servo
Visitor

setup channel, on first time entering channel, whenever you click on a item like Pictures, it closes and goes back to main screen. rebooting to see if it makes any difference.
0 Kudos
bhindman
Visitor

"servo" wrote:
setup channel, on first time entering channel, whenever you click on a item like Pictures, it closes and goes back to main screen. rebooting to see if it makes any difference.

You have to subscribe to at least 1 public feed on the website. The channel has no content when installed... you have to add/subscribe to feeds on the site and then you are good to go.

I will be putting together some documentation this weekend on creating your feeds, streaming your local media, and sharing with friends... lots of cool stuff and many more feeds to come!

brian
www.sunimi.com
0 Kudos
bhindman
Visitor

Tutorial for streaming local media

Here is the link to the tutorial for streaming local media... This is for Windows 7 but you can google up enabling IIS on your particular operating system. The rest of the tutorial is universal.

http://www.sunimi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4&p=4#p4

brian
www.sunimi.com
0 Kudos
ffffffrabbit
Visitor

I have registered and did not recieve my code, yet.

Looking forward to seeing more
ffffffrabbit

follow the white rabbit
0 Kudos