Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Local multiplayer game with two remotes?

"RokuKC" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:
... there is no way to distinguish between 2 different ECP remotes, since they all return "ECP:0" (bug? cruel joke?). 

Yes, that's a bug in 7.5.0 firmware.  It will be fixed in a future firmware version.

How about giving us the ECP remote IP in the identifier, please?
I justified the usefulness of that above - and while one may "pause" for a moment to ponder about the security implications - on "resume"  :P, there are no security concerns.

Also, to include the radio remote model# in the ID? As pointed earlier - some remotes have "instant replay" and some do not (because of the mic button); some have A/B buttons and others (e.g. HDMI sticks) don't. Let us be able to adapt to that "on the cheap" - yes, an argument can be made perhaps there should be a separate API for that for purity's sake - but KISS - i don't think anyone at the Co needs to generate themselves more work for job security 
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Which remotes don't have Replay?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

A better question might be: do any of the new remotes have Replay?
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Just looking at pictures, the new lineup all appear to have Replay. The only ones I see missing it, in pictures, are Roku 3 (4230) and Roku 4 (4400). Maybe more though that I've missed.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Which is why i ask and hope that the Co will ever so kindly include the remote model# in the getRemoteID() 8-)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"Komag" wrote:
Just looking at pictures, the new lineup all appear to have Replay. The only ones I see missing it, in pictures, are Roku 3 (4230) and Roku 4 (4400). Maybe more though that I've missed.

That's good news. I wasn't too happy that my $30 Roku 4 didn't have have the Replay button. 😉
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"renojim" wrote:
That's good news.  I wasn't too happy that my $30 Roku 4 didn't have have the Replay button.  😉

What do you expect - you get what you pay for! 😛
0 Kudos