Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAZZBACK
Visitor

Licencing?

I am working on a Private Channel (Will go public soon i hope. However the content will need Licensing from various Studios for re broadcasting). Where can i go to License the content i have converted already i am currently using it on my own server and in house use. the cost to license the content will depend on if i can afford to put the channel live and if i can make the subscription fees affordable. Already i am skating on thin ice converting the content from TV Rips. What do i need to do to make the content Legal for me to put as a private Channel or even Public? I better not go into Details but if you are from a Legal field, or a Major TV Studio representing I need your help or anyone who knows about Licensing Content for re broadcast via ROKU.
ROKU XD:12A14H000054
Cox Communications
30 DN 5 UP Running WIFI!!!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
supersecretuser
Channel Surfer

Re: Licencing?

My advice would be to keep it and enjoy it yourself. Getting license from a studio just isn't going to happen for you at this point (no capital, no industry experience, no industry contacts, no infrastructure, no employees, did I mention capital?).

Look up a film distro company on the internet, look at their catalog and then call them up and ask for a price sheet for "streaming". You'll be educated in 30 seconds.
0 Kudos
JAZZBACK
Visitor

Well I can get their Attention fast if i illegally stream it! but that is not what i am in Business for. the issue is content... i want to stream the classics. i am working with one studio and am getting somware in negotions but i do not have enough content to stream. our company is looking at different avenues and My Lawyer is working on it.
ROKU XD:12A14H000054
Cox Communications
30 DN 5 UP Running WIFI!!!
0 Kudos
supersecretuser
Channel Surfer

"JAZZBACK" wrote:
Well I can get their Attention fast if i illegally stream it! but that is not what i am in Business for. the issue is content... i want to stream the classics. i am working with one studio and am getting somware in negotions but i do not have enough content to stream. our company is looking at different avenues and My Lawyer is working on it.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
Bonneville44
Visitor

Good luck!
0 Kudos