Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raptor
Channel Surfer

Issues with Audio and SoundEffect nodes when using HDMI

I've noticed some problems with the Audio and SoundEffect nodes on version 7.6 (not sure if these problems existed prior to 7.6).  I'm working on a new RSG app that I am testing on three different kinds of Rokus in several different configurations:

Roku 2XS (audio via analog audio out)
Roku TV (audio is integrated)
Roku 3 (model 4200X) (audio via HDMI)
Roku 3 (model 4200X) (audio via analog audio out)

One of the Roku 3 devices is connected via HDMI to a DD/DTS decoder, but this configuration frequently will produce no audio output from the Audio and SoundEffect nodes, but will reliably play audio from a Video node.  All other Roku configurations above appear to work reliably with exactly the same side-loaded RSG code.

The HDMI case usually works if the app is started and Audio or SoundEffect is used before the first Video playback.  Once a video is played, audio tends not to work from the Audio and SoundEffect nodes even after the Video is stopped, but again, audio from the Video node always works as expected.  In the case of the Audio node I am using 44.1 kHz MP3 (loaded from the network) and in the case of the SoundEffect node I am using a 44.1 kHz stereo WAV (stored in the app's local storage).  

Any ideas as to what's wrong?  What additional debug information can I provide to help figure this out?

Thanks!
0 Kudos