Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonnykr
Visitor

Issue with Roku Andorid keyboard

I was trying to use the android keyboard (from Roku Android app) to search/login on few different apps with custom keyboard implemented in Brightscript. The letter 'z' is printed as 'q' on all of them. The standard keyboard works just fine, but on the custom ones, the 'z' throws a roUniversalControlEvent as 113 instead of 122 and hence it prints 'q'
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Issue with Roku Andorid keyboard

Sorry, what's a "custom keyboard implemented in Brightscript"?
If you are receiving roUniversalControlEvent with ASCII for 'q', i am inclined to guess that's what was sent over ECP. Divide&conquer: what's the behavior if you use different ECP keyboard, say http://remoku.tv/ ?
0 Kudos
sonnykr
Visitor

I was taking abt a login screen/keyboard created using brightscript. Whenever I use the querty keyboard from Android app to type something on my Roku app, and when I type 'q' the app receives 'z' event

For example, here is a screenshot from NickJr app. I typed 'frozen' from Roku android app (using qwerty keyboard), and it printed 'froqen'

Update: I tried Remoku as well. It's having the same issue. So I think its a bug in the OS itself. Not a Roku Android app issue
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

I have reproduced the problem and filed a bug report.

--Mark
0 Kudos
rymawby
Binge Watcher

Hi there,

Does anybody know if this was ever fixed? I've reproduced the problem with the companion app as well as using the ECP over HTTP.

I've noticed this doesn't happen with apps that use a roKeyboardScreen or similar - is this because they have access to the NDK or something that we do not building custom apps with Brightscript?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos