Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbhiK
Streaming Star

Is there any way to get exception logs or crash logs of the application in Roku ?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there any way to get exception logs or crash logs of the application in Roku ?

Jump to solution

Not for a user.  Roku can and developers can for their own public channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Re: Is there any way to get exception logs or crash logs of the application in Roku ?

Jump to solution

Not for a user.  Roku can and developers can for their own public channels.

AbhiK
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks.
I am developing a streaming channel, so how can I get those logs?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You should hang out in the developer forum.  It's not so much a log as the line number on which the crash occurred and you only get it for published public channels.  Go to the Developer Dashboard, Manage My Channels (https://developer.roku.com/developer-channels/channels), and then then View Analytics for the channel in question.  You'll probably have to login again and do another Captcha because Roku loves them.  Once you're viewing analytics change the dropdown to Channel Health.  Then you only have to deal with half a dozen scroll bars.  Don't you just love the web team at Roku?

AbhiK
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks, @renojim This will be helpful to us while development.

0 Kudos
g-se
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If the channel is still in development and not yet published, you can also do some debugging by using telnet to connect to your roku device.

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/debugging/debugging-channels.md

0 Kudos