Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hexamon

Is it possible to change the font in roPosterScreen?

Is there a way to change the font used in the roPosterScreen object? I don't mean its color, I mean the actual font family. I'd like to change it to a custom font provided through the package. I already tried it for roImageCanvas and got it working but can't figure out how to do the same for roPosterScreen.

In fact, if this can't be done for an individual roPosterScreen object, can the default system font be changed to a custom one provided through the application package? There's a statement in the "Component Reference.pdf" which leads me to believe there should be a way:

"4.2 roAppManager

The Application Manager provides a set of API’s to set application level attributes. These attributes are currently focused on configuring the look-and-feel of your application. The use of screen styles gives each application a consistent look-and-feel, but attributes such as colors, fonts and logos need to be unique for each application. Establishing a set of artwork and colors allows the developer to specify a theme for their application. If these values are not set, the application will use the default theme values.
"
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Is it possible to change the font in roPosterScreen?

Currently, the fonts can only be changed on the roImageCanvas.

--Kevin
0 Kudos