Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Integrated Billing Sample Code

roChannel store exists on 3.1, and in-app purchases (one time purchase) can be done on 3.1, as well as outright purchase, and in-place upgrade to a Premium channel (where the pro channel replaces the Lite channel).

However roChannelStore does not return the full set of data that you need to properly implement a monthly or yearly subscription to a content item _within_ the channel, which we call in-channel subscriptions.

In Channel subscriptions have never been tested on 3.1 by our QA team and officially, this capability does not exist on that platform.

That being said, I believe it may be technically possible to use the WebAPI as a work around to get the information needed to properly implement an in channel subscription.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Integrated Billing Sample Code

"RokuJoel" wrote:
roChannel store exists on 3.1, and in-app purchases (one time purchase) can be done on 3.1, as well as outright purchase, and in-place upgrade to a Premium channel (where the pro channel replaces the Lite channel).

Oh good - phew! - i was startled by the "in-channel purchases ... are not really supported on firmware 3.1". I guess you mis-spoke then and reading further explanation, in-channel purchases are ok but subscriptions may not be. Which is fine with me, what i cared about is "freemium" (i.e. your "in-place upgrade to a Premium"). Thanks.
0 Kudos