Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikematic
Visitor

Installing multiple custom apps on my Roku2 XS

While going through the examples in the SDK, i modified couple of examples and zipped them for install to see how it works. However when installing via the web interface it allows me to install only one app. I can either replace or delete to install another. Is that how its supposed to be ?
Whats the best way to install multiple apps as i'll be be working on couple projects simultaneously. ?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Installing multiple custom apps on my Roku2 XS

You can only side-load one channel at a time. You can setup private/unpublished channels from the developer website if you need to have multiple channels installed at once.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"nikematic" wrote:
Whats the best way to install multiple apps as i'll be be working on couple projects simultaneously. ?

By using multiple roku boxes, each one can have a single dev app installed at one time. Each one can also be keyed to the same dev-id, or separate unique dev-id's.
I can understand Roku not wanting to have more than one dev app installed per box as it increases the complexity to manage more dev apps with the debugger.
0 Kudos
nikematic
Visitor

Thanks for the clarification guys.
0 Kudos