Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Info (*) on SpringBoard screen?

Is there any way to capture the * button on the roSpringboardScreen? There's no isRemoteKeyPressed() event or IsInfoButton() event.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Info (*) on SpringBoard screen?

There is not currently a way to get the info button keypress on the SpringBoard screen. Thanks for pointing this out, as I agree it would be useful.

BTW, there is an isRemoteKeyPressed() event, it just doesn't fire on info button keypresses... You can enable other keypress events with:

Void AllowNavLeft(Boolean isAllowed)
Void AllowNavRight(Boolean isAllowed)
Void AllowNavRewind(Boolean isAllowed)
Void AllowNavFastForward(Boolean isAllowed)

--Kevin
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuKevin" wrote:
There is not currently a way to get the info button keypress on the SpringBoard screen. Thanks for pointing this out, as I agree it would be useful.

I'd have sworn that there was, because I had code in there to handle it, but I guess I never actually tested it. Yes, it would be nice, please. 🙂

"RokuKevin" wrote:
BTW, there is an isRemoteKeyPressed() event, it just doesn't fire on info button keypresses... You can enable other keypress events with:

Sorry, yeah, I know there's an isRemoteKeyPressed() event, I was specifically referring to it not being triggered by the info button. I was actually hoping there was an undocumented AllowInfo(Boolean isAllowed) that I could use.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
smlsr
Visitor

Roku -

Any update on this, as to whether we can expect this in a future update? Would really be helpful to have.

But knowing either way would be good too, as in deciding how to create specific options on the play screen.

Thanks
Just a friendly "bump"

shawn
0 Kudos
smlsr
Visitor

Wondering if there has been any update to this in the 3.x code?

In the 3.x code, i now here the "blip" when pressing "*" on the springboard screen, but no event?
0 Kudos
smlsr
Visitor

bump...
0 Kudos
smlsr
Visitor

Ok, just wondering, and would only take a few seconds of someones time to post a response.

Does ROKU have any intentions to ever making this work? Would be nice to actually have the button event in this scenario, but never actually get a response as to whether it will be implemented?

Shawn
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

I'll try and track someone down to take a look at this thread again here shortly.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

Spoke to Kevin a moment to alert him to it. He's a little busy at the moment so be patient.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

This is not implemented yet.... It's not scheduled for any of the release in the next couple weeks.

--Kevin
0 Kudos