Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to keep the screen on when displaying photos?

@Anonymous wrote:

If RMP v5.0 reappears without the problem of the screensavers interrupting slideshows (they don't interrupt video streams), maybe you could check yours again without the workaround. FWIW.

I suspect if it reappears without the problem then they implemented the workaround.  😄

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

Have you considered making your channel use the screensaver to display the photos?

0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

No I hadn't. My channel can play videos and music as well, would I still be able to do that?

0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

Screensaver should not activate when video player is playing full screen.  Audio player should remain playing when screensaver is activated. 

0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

I'm not actually the Roku developer, I'm the app developer that sends the contect. So I can send the right info the Roku developer, what is this screensave stuff and how does it get controlled? it would need to show whatever images my app sends. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
WilDD
Roku Guru

Does anyone know a solution to this? The certification process strictly prohibits the use of UpdateLastKeyPressTime now. My channel displays a photo slideshow, but if there is a screensaver set, it comes on during the slideshow. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I also need a solution for this for my game. I have a section where the player can watch the game play itself for a while, but the dumb screensaver kicks in and makes the screen black (it's a roScreen game, thus the screensaver doesn't actually show up, just blacks out the screen). I solve this during testing by sending ECP commands periodically, but that's forbidden for released channels. Roku NEEDS to give us a workable option for things like this.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuJonathanD, care to weigh-in on this since you're the only RokuXxxx person that ever seems to visit this forum?

Funny how as soon as someone becomes a Roku employee you never hear from them again.  Yes, @RokuNB , I mean you!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

https://developer.roku.com/docs/references/scenegraph/media-playback-nodes/video.md

Use the disableScreenSaver field and set it to true. You must use a video player even if you never load content into it. Audio can play back in the video player just hide the player. Photos can play back just hide the player. Once the video component is fed the disableScreenSaver=true you can stay within your application.

0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Is this something I could possible implement with my roScreen game? I thought Scenegraph and roScreen don't mix.

0 Kudos