Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xtr33me
Level 7

How to get objects memory address space?

Is there a way to print the address space that an object is using? I am trying to troubleshoot an issue I am running into and I am trying to see if an object is calling its own function or if due to the public nature of roku, I am calling a global function on a single object x number of times. So I essentially just want to print the address of the object I am making the call from and what it is actually being called on. Is this at all possible to do in roku?

In my case I have one singleton which then contains an array of another class that can be instantiated x number of times. Due to this I couldn't make it a singleton, but I tried always having it make calls to its this object, however I think I am running into an issue when I am having my singleton manage callbacks.

Simpy put, can I print the address space of an object on the roku and if so how Smiley Happy TIA!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
EnTerr
Level 11

Re: How to get objects memory address space?

No. Smiley Happy
At least to my knowledge there is no way.
But i can offer you a workaround: what you are asking is how to uniquely identify objects, so you can distinguish them. Manually add an id field to them, in the constructor function - like so:
function objFactory():
this = {
id: rnd(0)
}
return this
end function
obj = objFactory()
? obj.id
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 10

You can compare function references directly for equality.

But, to answer your question, I don't think there's any way to get a specific memory address. "bsc" will give you the address of every object currently in memory, but I doubt you'll be able to find what you're looking for in what that spews out.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
xtr33me
Level 7

Thanks for the responses! EnTerr, I kind of figured I was going to have to do something like this but was hoping I wouldn't Smiley Happy Thanks again for the help. Sometimes nice to just get a definitive answer.
0 Kudos