Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcohn
Visitor

How to change private channel's published poster

I can publish new releases of my roku app, but can't figure out how to change/replace the jpg hd and sd poster images for the app that are stored in channels.roku.com/images. Any suggestions?

Thanks...
Jon
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: How to change private channel's published poster

You can update those in the channel properties on owner.roku.com, then send an email to developer at roku dot com and ask us to publish the properties update. If this is a private channel, you don't need our help, but it may take up to 60 minutes to propagate the change.

- Joel
0 Kudos
jcohn
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, Joel.

This is, in fact, a private channel. When I sideload the app onto my Roku box, it correctly uses the new image in "My Channels" on the box. However, when I package up that release and publish it, the old image is used. I know that the newly packaged app has been successfully published because the changes inside the app itself do show up in the newly published app.

When I go to channel properties on owner.roku.com, I do not see any way to modify or replace the existing images. Under channel details, I see links for the HD and SD images, and they are the old ones (not the one displayed in my channels on my roku for the sideloaded version). Under edit channel, I can select a new package, but not new channel posters.

Any additional ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Hi,

Go to manage channels, click channel, click edit channel, edit propterties, save changes, then you should see the page where you can update the images. If you don't see an update after a 61 minutes, then try re-uploading the channel package and hitting "publish" again.

Joel
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

On the pkg. submission page there is a little button - "channel properties". Click that and then "save changes" on the next page and you will be at the page for icon uploads.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
jcohn
Visitor

Ah, that's where it's hidden! Thanks again, Joel.

Jon
0 Kudos