Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgoldberg
Reel Rookie

How to animate images with code

Jump to solution

Is it possible to animate "poster" images or sprites through brightscript and not through the interpolation classes described in xml files? I'd like to create images/sprites that will animate dynamically based on code and not predefined xml, for game development.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: How to animate images with code

Jump to solution

If you are making a game use  "roScreen" .  If you want to use sceneGraph to make a game with animations, Build a component to use a timer and observe the fire event to adjust the clipping and offset of a poster node that contains your spritesheet. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mgoldberg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I found some ways to animate images, I checked out the Snowflake demo, where the bitmaps are described, and the positions are set in the brightscript file.

0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you are making a game use  "roScreen" .  If you want to use sceneGraph to make a game with animations, Build a component to use a timer and observe the fire event to adjust the clipping and offset of a poster node that contains your spritesheet.