Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toxiegivens
Visitor

How long does it take to approve my Public Channel?

I submitted it back on 3/8 and was wondering how long does it take to get approved. My information is below:

Access Code VASVB
Date Created 03/08/2013
Date Modified 03/08/2013
Status Submitted
Version 1.0
Min. Firmware v2.5 b388

Thanks for your help. If there is a problem you can email me at toxiegivens@gmail.com.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: How long does it take to approve my Public Channel?

Hi,

If you haven't already received an email acknowledging the submission, you should today. We're currently working through a pretty large queue of channels (while bringing more resources in to help) so it could be a few weeks before we're able to get it out the door. The number one thing you can do to help ensure smooth evaluation and publishing is to thoroughly test your channel on as many Roku platforms as you can. Ideally Roku 1/Legacy, Roku 2, Roku LT or new HD, and Roku3. It's not required, but the more thorough the testing the better.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Hi, on 03/08 we sent you an email with a link to a questionnaire that needs to be filled out. I see that you filled out the questionnaire, but there is some feedback in that same email that needs to be addressed before we can move your channel into QA for testing, most notably the size of your channel is about 2.7mb. Channels that are intended for distribution on all of our hardware platforms can't be larger than about 700k and really shouldn't be larger than 500k.

Typically this is caused by:

* accidentally hidden / system or other unnecessary files in your channel before packaging
* failing to properly optimize your images before saving
* attempting to store all images for your channel within your zip file instead of on your web server
* accidentally saving a .PSD file in your package instead of a .jpg or .png
* accidentally zipping up prior versions of your channel within the channel, causing it to grow each time you zip.

You need to fix these issues and re-upload your channel and send us an email after you have done so.

- Joel
0 Kudos
toxiegivens
Visitor

Thanks. I will work on that now. As for testing on other Roku devices, I only have one so that is out of questions. I have tested all the videos and pages on my channel. I will work on getting my site down to 700k or less. What email address do I send to once I have redone it?
0 Kudos
toxiegivens
Visitor

I re-sized the images and I got it below 70K. Who do I need to contact? Can you get it approved? Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos

One thing you can do even if you just have one Roku box is to go into Display Settings and try your channel with all the possible modes. This doesn't take long and can find a surprising number of silly issues.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

"toxiegivens" wrote:
I re-sized the images and I got it below 70K. Who do I need to contact? Can you get it approved? Thanks for your help!

send an email to jbraverman at roku.com and cc: dng at roku.com

put the name of your channel in the subject.

- Joel
0 Kudos