Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does NWM_VAST() works?

I am trying to add Pre-roll ads in my new app.I confused with the use of NWM_VAST() since the ads provider provide us .xml file for playing preroll ads.I wanna know how does NWM_VAST() works?Is their any specific pattern of XML? or we just have to add NWM_VAST.brs file in our code and it will handle all XML files.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How does NWM_VAST() works?

"Manish.oodles" wrote:
Is their any specific pattern of XML?

Yes, VAST is an XML schema: http://www.iab.net/guidelines/508676/di ... /vast_copy
0 Kudos

Thanku for your valubale answer
1)Do i need to rewrite code of NWM_VAST() for different XML's.
2)Write now i am having NWM_VAST() code from a sample(vast_demo_1.1.3) is that code of NWM_VAST() is sufficient or i need to write different code for it.
3)Is their any other site that provides free advertising from VAST.I just wanna test my APP
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"Manish.oodles" wrote:
Thanku for your valubale answer
1)Do i need to rewrite code of NWM_VAST() for different XML's.
2)Write now i am having NWM_VAST() code from a sample(vast_demo_1.1.3) is that code of NWM_VAST() is sufficient or i need to write different code for it.
3)Is their any other site that provides free advertising from VAST.I just wanna test my APP

If your ads aren't VAST, then yes you'd need to write your own parsing logic. But pretty much every ad provider out there can deliver ads as VAST, so that shouldn't be an issue.
0 Kudos