Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savair
Streaming Star

How do you edit a channel you created

I made a roku channel a while ago and I need to go in there and change it how do I find the login or the rijght place to do that

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do you edit a channel you created

You don't exactly edit a channel, you upload a new package.  You should be able to see the channels you created on the developer dashboard:

https://developer.roku.com/developer-channels/channels

If you lost the login credentials then you'll have to contact Partner Success.  Good luck with that.

If this was a Direct Publisher channel then I have no experience with them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
savair
Streaming Star

Can you explain what you mean by a new package

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Did you create this channel in the first place?  Whomever did had to upload a package which is basically an encrypted zip you create on a Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
savair
Streaming Star

I did make one I just have never heard the term package can you explain what that means I know I have to go in and resubmit everything is that what your talking about. sorry if I dont get all the terms

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@savair You should clarify how you made the channel.  Did you use the SDK, or, Direct Publisher?  Your answer will determine how you proceed next.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
stephend
Channel Surfer

I am in need of help.
Since contracting COVID, I  can't remember how to  write or upload a package to my SDK channel.
I need some pointers to help me remember. I found some code on my computer, but I just can't seem to remember how it is done.

0 Kudos