Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
machan605
Visitor

How can I update my channel to OS 7.6????

Hi.

I've been looking for documentation how can I update my channel to ( OS 7.6 ) and I just found the features but not documentation or examples how can I do the update.

I will really aprecciate if you can help me with this issue.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: How can I update my channel to OS 7.6????

To update your roku to OS 7.6, check the roku home screen / settings/ system / about - if it says Software version 7.6.0 then you have the OS already.
If you don't then you could try System Update/check now to see if it is available for your Roku.
There isn't any need to change your channel code for specific channels unless you want to make use of the new features in 7.6 that didn't exist before.
0 Kudos
machan605
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
To update your roku to OS 7.6, check the roku home screen / settings/ system / about - if it says Software version 7.6.0 then you have the OS already.
If you don't then you could try System Update/check now to see if it is available for your Roku.
There isn't any need to change your channel code for specific channels unless you want to make use of the new features in 7.6 that didn't exist before.

Hi.
What I'm want to do is update my channel with the new features (back-end) of this sotfware version (7.6).
I will really appreciate if you can help me if you now where can I find documentation or examples
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

The new features are here - you should have gotten an email about it.
https://blog.roku.com/developer/2017/04 ... ctober2016

The roku SDK online wiki pages are here which explain every feature and method available on the roku platform:
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... umentation
0 Kudos