Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbenson
Visitor

Re: How are the new channels doing ?

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
guess i never read the rules that well 😞

I didnt know we needed 5000 installs or 300 votes...

our votes are at 10 and 4... Oh well at least we tried!

As stated, it's 5000 and 50 (not or) AND at least 3 entrants in the category, but Roku specifically stated that they had the right to alter the criteria to make sure at least 3 entrants made the final cut. Those are the numbers by the end of the contest, so I suspect you'll actually make the cut based on that criteria. Roku hasn't even sent an email to customers about the channels yet. That should REALLY spike the installs.

BTW, can we get clarification on whether Roku actually is going to send an email or not? I figured Roku would, but would feel a whole lot better knowing whether something is or isn't coming.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
We're pretty pleased, there are some some quality channels in there that we are very glad to have.

I suspect most channels will get to 5k installs and 50 ratings without too much trouble. In fact, YB Games, CLOC, Amazon Shop, Video Poker, and ShoutCast already have enough votes to qualify (not quite enough installs just yet, except for CLOC which has already surpassed 5000). The numbers shown in the Channel Store are delayed by a few hours, so don't take them as gospel.

You can also uninstall the channel to see the ratings (your rating still counts)

We set the number of installs and ratings required pretty low so that you could campaign and get the numbers without too much trouble but high enough that you couldn't just get your friends to rate you 5 stars and then guarantee your place in the finals.

Hrm, I wonder how out of date the ratings are in the channel store... or am I misunderstanding the voting? It's only showing 28 ratings for me so far. Or is it 28 ratings times 4 stars = 112 votes?
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
guess i never read the rules that well 😞

I didnt know we needed 5000 installs or 300 votes...

our votes are at 10 and 4... Oh well at least we tried!

Don't count yourself out yet! As stated above, it's only 50 ratings that you need, and you still have over three weeks to get them. I imagine that'll get a lot easier once you've added the content that you've been hinting at recently.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

well the warriors channel not sure how much more free content will be adding, prob about 4-5 other shows. but not many new episodes than whats there now. after the contest we will add some more categories for sure.

the hunting and fishing will be a work in progress for a while and i kinda wish I never entered before I had more people signed up to air shows. hope it wont hurt us in the long run

well i hate to say it but i have already looked past the contest, im more concerned with where we are in a few months.

i wish i would have been able to have the few features we had working in this release but it wasnt working on the upload and really messed me up. But that help i got on the Popup will make it even better 😉

i am actually surprised on the lack of comments for us, i guess these niches aren't what the users want. or at least the forum members don't want.
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos