Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremyk
Visitor

Hiding the paragraph text from episodic view?

I am trying to hide the episodic synopsis from the ListStyle flat-episodic-16x9. The docs refer to it as Paragraph Text (<paragraphtext>), but I don't see way of actually not showing it. Anyone have any ideas? It must be something simple I am missing.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: Hiding the paragraph text from episodic view?

You could copy your array to a new array one piece at a time (you have to do it like that), and leave out the ShortDescriptionLine2. Then do your screen.setcontentlist() with the new array.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
Corgalore
Visitor

"jbrave" wrote:
You could copy your array to a new array one piece at a time (you have to do it like that), and leave out the ShortDescriptionLine2. Then do your screen.setcontentlist() with the new array.

- Joel

It's confusing that the SDK references that text as 'paragraphtext', yet you're saying to control it with 'ShortDescriptionLine2'? I've statically set 'paragraphtext' to a peice of simple text and left 'ShortDescriptionLine2' empty, but the Roku seems to be pulling the text I have set as 'Description' instead and displaying it in the paragraph space.

What gives??
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"Corgalore" wrote:
It's confusing that the SDK references that text as 'paragraphtext', yet you're saying to control it with 'ShortDescriptionLine2'? I've statically set 'paragraphtext' to a peice of simple text and left 'ShortDescriptionLine2' empty, but the Roku seems to be pulling the text I have set as 'Description' instead and displaying it in the paragraph space.

Episodic poster screens display 3 chunks of text, shortDescriptionLine1, shortDescriptionLine2, and description. Paragraphtext is not a valid content-meta-data attribute. It is confusing that it was used on the slides for those screen types.

If you don't want to show the description text, you can use arced-16x9. You'll also get bigger posters that way.
0 Kudos