Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Visitor

Help us test a new developer site

Greetings,

As part of the 2.6 SDK release, which is slated for release next week, we’re also introducing a new developer site with additional resources and an all-new channel application management tool. We’d like your help and feedback in testing this new site. If you’d like to help, point your browsers at http://staging.owner.roku.com and log in using your usual username and password or create a new account. Please take a look at the developer site and let us know what you think. Please note that any changes you make to your channels in the staging environment will not carry over when we push this site to production.

If you’d like to point your Roku player at the staging server as well so that you can try the end-to-end channel publishing functionality. Please email me with your serial number and I’ll send you directions.

Feel free to post feedback in this thread.

Thanks,

Patrick
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Hammdo
Visitor

Re: Help us test a new developer site

Just an FYI, if I click 'Home' on the menu I get this:

Sorry, 'www.owner.roku.com' does not exist or is not available.

Like the site though. See you're using cloudspace -- I've worked with their API (streaming media) for websites...

Like the ease of finding the info needed -- as 'samples/examples' section would be a good idea (like tutorials)...

-Don
0 Kudos
campbellwang
Visitor

The new developer site is a very nice update but the current one does not need updating.

There is nothing wrong with the old one.
CDNOne.com | CDNTwo.com
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"Hammdo" wrote:

Like the site though. See you're using cloudspace -- I've worked with their API (streaming media) for websites...

Like the ease of finding the info needed -- as 'samples/examples' section would be a good idea (like tutorials)...

-Don

Only the developer site is part of this.
0 Kudos
DerekHelps
Visitor

"Hammdo" wrote:

-Don

thats most likely due to the way the path is figured in the header, it seems like clicking on the header links replaces the top level part of the name to www.

Normally this would be going from 'owner.roku.com' to 'www.roku.com' since its on a staging server with a 4th part to the name it now goes 'staging.owner.roku.com' and alters the staging part of the name to become 'www.owner.roku.com' when this gets moved into live production, it will get automagically fixed.
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos
lumaflix
Visitor

i like the new site, its clean and how it separated into sections.
Excited to get hands on 2.6, am hoping the new netflix screens are avaliable in 2.6
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"lumaflix" wrote:
i like the new site, its clean and how it separated into sections.
Excited to get hands on 2.6, am hoping the new netflix screens are avaliable in 2.6

The Netflix Grid is not part of the 2.6 SDK. We hope to add it or something like it to the SDK, but it's not in this release.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Hi everyone. Anyone that's checked out the new site, please provide some feedback. Hopefully by this point you've had a chance to log in and upload a package or two. We're nearing launch and would like to make sure that developer have had a chance to provide their feedback.

Thanks,

Patrick
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

To anyone willing to help, please try the following:

Please create an account, publish a package, add a new version of the same channel and publish that. You can do public or private channels (or one of each!). If you do a public channel, let me know and we’ll authorize it asap. Don’t worry, it won’t appear on the production channel store, just the staging one. Let me know any successes or failures you have.
Thanks,

Patrick
0 Kudos