Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tooteaching
Visitor

Re: Help! Newbie! Channel Won't Load!

Thanks for your help. Got it to load in development mode which is a start so I can see what I'm doing. Got the videos to load in hd. Were you using hd or sd?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

SD. I only tried one.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I'm seeing the same error.

Package size is fairly large (392KB) but under the warning from the developer page on the device. Runs fine when side-loaded.

Double checked the manifest:
1. It's in the root directory.
2. It doesn't have an extension
3. It's copied almost word for word from the HelloWorld example

My device has only five channels installed right now, and I've removed the dev.zip just to free up more room. It seems odd that it wouldn't have enough storage.
0 Kudos
renojim

I'm guessing the size isn't the problem and that the "insufficient storage" message can be generated for other reasons, which seems plausible since it's generated when the manifest is missing. Can you post your zip? If not, and I'd understand why you might not want to, I'd start stripping things out, like images, and see if it makes a difference.

-JT

0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion on removing files from the package. I went through and did what you recommended, removed absolutely everything but the .brs files (stored in a /source folder) and the manifest file.

Still no luck. Lists Insufficient storage at a package size of 12KB.

This is the content of the manifest file.

title=Fireflies Lite
subtitle=Fireflies Preview
major_version=1
minor_version=0
build_version=00000
0 Kudos
renojim

Did your manifest always look like that, with no "icon" entries? I just tried a test with a manifest with no icon entries and sure enough I got the insufficient storage message when I tried to go to the channel from the Channel Store. Add the following entries and see if it helps:
mm_icon_focus_hd=pkg:/images/iconHD.gif
mm_icon_focus_sd=pkg:/images/iconHD.gif
mm_icon_side_hd=pkg:/images/iconHD.gif
mm_icon_side_sd=pkg:/images/iconHD.gif

I don't think the icons even have to be in the package (you'll just get a blank square on the main menu), but you might want to create them anyway.

-JT

0 Kudos

That's it! That was exactly what the problem was. I added those four lines and everything works now. Thanks!

Ryan
0 Kudos
tensen
Visitor

Oops. I was just about to say the insufficient memory is more a failure in that it is looking for the graphic files.. not finding it it treats it like they are using too much file size.

Glad to hear you found the source of your problem.
0 Kudos