Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmat1075
Visitor

Has anyone integrated RAF2 into the hero-grid template?

I've got this as a template: https://github.com/rokudev/RAF4RSG-sample

To start with, I grabbed the Player, PlayerTask, and VideoContent and put them in my project.  then in the DetailsScreen.brs file, I updated this:

Sub onItemSelected()
  print "DetailsScreen.brs - [onItemSelected]"
  ' first button is Play '
  if m.top.itemSelected = 0
    m.Player.content = m.top.content
    m.Player.visible = true
    m.Player.setFocus(true)
    m.Player.control = "play"
  end if
End Sub

and a few other places, replacing "videoPlayer" with "Player".

Now, I am able to get a preroll ad, and it then fires off the video.... but the ad is smaller than the screen and has a green tint over it.  My initial guess is in the PlayerTask.brs function "playContentWithAds", there's a "view" being loaded that's not quite right

sub playContentWithAds()
   print "PlayerTask.brs [playContentWithAds]"
    video = m.top.video

' `view` is the node under which RAF should display its UI (passed as 3rd argument of showAds()) '
    view = video.getParent()

But I'm not sure which "view" I need to use to make the ad full-screen and NOT green.  And ideas?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: Has anyone integrated RAF2 into the hero-grid template?

Any chance you can capture a screenshot? E.g. with cell phone, upload to imgur.com, then share the URL
0 Kudos
tmat1075
Visitor

0 Kudos
tmat1075
Visitor

I found the issue. The hero-grid template is using only FHD but I believe this television is just regular HD. Once I updated the manifest, it worked.
0 Kudos